Ponderings of an Inquisitor

10.20.2007

We're Engaged!

So, I will eventually update all the other happenings, but since I've had nonstop requests for these pictures.... So, here you go!

---

It all started on Tuesday morning, when I walked into my office and found a lovely red rose on my desk, tied with a black velvet ribbon and with a note attached that said "Vanessa, You thrill me from head to toe. Thanks for the ADVENTURE. Love, JP" I immediately called him and told him how sweet the thought was... then a few phone calls between him and my boss made me a bit suspicious of what could possibly be going on, but I had no idea, so I didn't even think about it. After lunch, I came back to him swiveling around in my office chair! He quickly explained that I would not be returning that day, so I needed to grab whatever I wanted to take with me and prepare to be whisked off to my day of adventure.

As we traveled down to Palomar, listening to various adventure themes like Raiders of the Lost Ark from Indiana Jones, I kept trying to figure out what in the world we were up to! We stopped to buy granola bars and dramamine... He explained that I needed to "choose wisely" with the granola bars... what?? Once we arrived at the Palomar airport, he told the greeter that we had a 4 o'clock appointment for a biplane ride! How fun is that? Here are some pics from soaring over San Diego...









After that marvelous event, we drove back up for Thai food and then continued our adventures at Dave and Busters where we rode Harleys, killed dinosaurs and battled it out on the air hockey table... what a day!

---

The following morning, I came into my office with another rose on my desk, with a note that said, "Chica, Your giggles warm my heart. Thanks for the LAUGHTER. Love, me" Again, I called to say thank you and received instructions to be home and ready for another special date at 4pm. After dressing up in my new black dress and heels, we rushed out the door and headed towards Manhattan Beach. On the way, we listened to Jerry Seinfeld's last stand-up comedy routine, which was laugh out loud funny! We finally arrived at a nail salon, "because there's nothing funnier than a guy getting a manicure... and... well... you've been wanting this for a long time anyways... so why not?" After the most beautiful manicure I've ever received, we went to McDonald's for dinner, "because there's nothing funnier than getting all dressed up to go to McDonald's." Finally, we arrived at our main destination which included front row seats to the taping of America's Funniest Videos! It was great! And we're officially famous now... watch us on TV on Dec. 16th... you should be able to see JP's hand and my leg... hahahah j/k :) We had a great time and it was SUCH a fun experience. My favorite part was just standing in line and talking for the longest time... then coming back for hot tea and hot cocoa and chatting some more... another dreamy day... :)




The next morning, I walked into my office to find my final rose with a note that said, "Vanessa, Where our two hearts meet, there's nowhere else I'd rather be. Thanks for the ROMANCE. Love, your man." (Isn't he adorable?) Again, I called to receive further instructions and was told to wear something cute and that I'd be picked up around 5pm. When JP picked me up, there was a gorgeous card on my seat that was so sweet and romantic, with a final "P.S. Let's start tonight's celebration by revisiting the place we first 'monkeyed around.' You know the place..." Of course, I knew - we had spent the night of our first kiss playing at the park by climbing all over the monkey bars, climbing trees, dancing in the middle of the park, and having a wonderful time!

Once I arrived at the monkey bars, I quickly noticed the poster of JP sitting in the monkey bars with a poem on the back, leading me to our next special spot - the tree where we sat for hours talking about life... another poster on the tree led me to the place where we shared our first kiss... JP had laid out a black blanket for us to sit on with red rose petals spread all over the blanket and the table holding the laptop and the sound system. Of course I was surprised and touched at the beautiful set-up! He began the slideshow he had made for me, beginning with the song "God Blessed the Broken Road" sung by Selah. After this song finished, he told me to "sit tight" and he'd be right back. At this point, I'm thinking 'what the heck? where are you going???' Shortly after, I hear the background music for our song, "When You Say You Love Me" sung by Josh Groban - only instead of hearing Josh Groban's voice, I watched the most beautiful performance by JP playing his tenor sax to me. With tears streaming down my face, I enjoyed every moment and gave him a great big hug and kiss after he finished.









We sat down for a moment and he told me he had a gift for me. Thinking nothing of it, I quickly took the familiar heart-shaped box out of his hands, assuming it was the crystal he had promised to repair for me (since I had broken it the following day after he gave it to me for Valentines Day). After untying the satin ribbons and lifting the lid, I immediately realized that either my crystal had shrunk into little pieces, or this was not my crystal! JP began to propose to me and said a million wonderful things.... I couldn't possibly tell you what they were, but they were SO beautiful! :) I said "yes, with all my heart" and hugged and kissed him. During one of our kisses, JP lifted his hands to signal 8 of our best friends to come out from the trees and hills they were hiding behind and all of the sudden I was surrounded by cameras and hugs and kisses and smiles... It was SO wonderful! I got to show them all my ring and we had a toast in the park... what a wonderful moment to share with the ones I love.... :)









We hurried off from there to our next destination - I know... there's more??? We stopped quickly by Tammy and Ken's place for hugs and champagne and then continued on to dinner at one of our most memorable restaurants, The Coco Palm. We had the best table in the restaurant spread with rose petals, my favorite champagne and my crystal that I thought was in the FIRST heart-shaped box! This time, it was engraved with "Vanessa, I love you ~ forever JP" SO sweet! We had a fabulous dinner and spent the rest of the night swooning over the ring, our love and how blessed we were to be together... It could not have gone more perfectly, and I'm sure I will tell this story of our engagement to our children's children... :)



3 Comments:

  • Hey sweet one!! I love the picture of your ring in the rose!! You are sooooo good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 AM  

  • what a beautiful story! congratulations on your engagement!

    By Blogger Jennifer Owens, at 2:28 PM  

  • I love your ring! And it's so good to see the pictures of the event!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home