Ponderings of an Inquisitor

9.13.2007

Vegas, Baby! 5/11/07

Okay, so definitely my favorite vacation EVER! JP and I left CA around 5am to get to Vegas by 10am so we could meet his mom and dad at the Vegas airport. We were soooo sleepy... but we made it there just fine. The airport was kinda fun... I kid you not - I got carded in the airport! We were taking a picture by the slot machine and a lady came over and asked me for my id. I explained that we weren't playing, we were just taking a picture, but she still required my identification. Kinda funny! No biggie - I ended up carrying it in my pocket for the remainder of the trip since I don't pass for more than 16. :) haha...




Then we headed over to to Mandalay Bay, our hotel for the evening, to unwind and drop off all our stuff. We stopped for breakfast, where JP got his birthday present - it was his laptop for school! So sweet... his parents were just as excited to give the present as he was to receive it. :) It's a beauty! Then we walked around the hotel a bit... took pictures of the fishies... got settled and then headed off for our first adventure!



We headed over to Stratosphere to ride their rollercoasters... found some entertainment along the way... and then began frightening doom! There were 3 rides on top of the 866 feet high building - one that dangles you in a circle over the edge, another that takes you to 1081 feet at 45 miles per hour (think supreme scream on top of a reeeally high platform) and another that launches you off the side of the building and stops you suddenly from falling off. I definitely hyperventilated on the last one. No, gracias. :) But we were all good sports and had a good time trying everything!





Then we went to dinner where JP's parents gave me MY birthday present! It is the beautiful necklace you see... emeralds are my birthstone - it's so dainty and so beautiful! I love it! :) Then we walked around a bit, touring different hotels until we got tired enough to wander back to our hotel


Caesar's Palace...

The Bellagio...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home