Ponderings of an Inquisitor

8.26.2006

My Mother is a wise woman...

Here's what she shared with me today - it's one of my favorite quotes that we've discussed throughout the years... and it's so true.

Welcome to this bright new day complete with 24 hours of opportunities, choices, attitudes. This unique gift, this one day given to you by God, cannot be exchanged, replaced or refunded. Handle with care. Make the most of it.

There is only one to a customer.


So often, each day feels like just another one. But it's not just another day that you deserve - it's another gift to be treasured. Something that I often forget to do... amidst the mundane of life, there is so much adventure to have, so many incredible things to see, so many special smiles to create...

What would life be if each day was lived, intentionally? What purpose would we intentionally live for? I hope mine would be love... So, I would hope that each day, I would intentionally live to share love with every person I encounter, including myself. Love is the best gift God gave us... I'm so thankful for it. I've seen the longterm effects of love and they are beautiful. Loving God and loving others is why we keep breathing (as Pablito is constantly fascinated by)... Thank goodness we're breathing for more than keeping ourselves content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home