Ponderings of an Inquisitor

6.06.2006

I'm 22!!!

Gosh... 22 years old... I'm young but not quite "baby" or "teen". Crazy how time flies. It's funny... there are those moments I can distinctly remember how old I was... like in 5th grade, I remember walking down the stairs to the picnic benches at lunchtime and thinking I was so grown up. :) And then in 8th grade, when the majority of my friends were in high school, I remember thinking that I was way too mature to be in 8th grade. hahaha And then I remember getting my license and tasting that first moment of freedom as I drove to my high school's football game.

Such an exhilarating feeling to grow up... Graduating from high school, I had a plan and a future - I knew I was going to Biola and though the transition to college was somewhat painful, these past 4 years have been some of the most formative of my life. Turning 22 a few days after my niece was just born was a crazy feeling... I wonder what her life will be like... what will 22 feel like for her? Or 16? Or her first kiss?

I've often said that memories are my favorite part of life. I still feel the same way... I'm so glad I can remember so many wonderful things. So many important moments... kissing boys behind the shed in kindergarten... singing my first solo completely out of tune when I was 8... traveling to Catalina Island and snorkeling with glow-in-the-dark fish when I was 13... getting into Die Lieders my Jr. year of high school... seeing my best friend and brother married in the same summer... (along with 2 other dear friends)...

Life goes fast when you're having fun, I suppose... and of course my more recent exploration of a few corners in Central America... ahhh... what a blessed, incredible life. I have an incredibly loving family who cares about who I am and what I think and I love them very much. I have the best friends in the entire world - some from high school, some from church, some from college - honestly, there are none better than mine. :) And of course an amazing boyfriend who is such an unexpected surprise... How did I get so lucky to have all these special people in my life? I only hope that I am as wonderful to them as they each are to me.

I'm planning on living for about 100 years, so I'm close to experiencing 1/4 of my life... Now that I've formed many things, I only hope to use the next 1/4 of my life loving everyone, learning everything, and passionately seeking truth and good. :)

Here are some of my adorable friends on my birthday... thank you. I love you. :)

Angie & Dan came down and we went to Olive Garden... ahh, tradition. :)


Then, on Sunday, Betho, Chrystal, Cari, and Pablito had dinner with me and then Cold Stone with Mike and another friend... :) They make me laugh. :)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home