Ponderings of an Inquisitor

5.13.2006

this is the end of the world as we know it...

So... I'm working on my inclusivism paper for my Postmodernism and Evangelicalism paper due on Wednesday and it's quite an interesting topic - quite applicable to where I'm at with the problem of evil, God's work in the world, salvation's reach, etc. I'm reading one book in particular that's doing an excellent job clarifying the differing sides of the doctrine of salvation. It's called "What About Those Who Have Never Heard?" and it's 3 different authors who wrote 3 essays and then critiqued the arguments of the other two. Very interesting so far - I'd recommend it, though I'm not sure how much it will clarify things. I've sorta decided that this issue is not one that can be explained by our limited capability to reason within human capacity. This particular doctrine takes faith/belief in what seems to be most correct and most in line with God's character as a good, loving, compassionate, merciful, holy God. Anyways, it's interesting.

My awesome mom advised me to stay up in L.A. to finish both this 14 page paper and my huge, important Strat case for Tuesday's presentation which was an incredible sacrifice to say the least. I have a good mom, that's for sure. :) We're very different people who agree to disagree on a lot of things, and when it comes down to it, there's no doubt in my mind that her heart's desire is to love me. Happy Mother's Day, Mom - you deserve the best. :) I love you.

I'm headed towards the finish line and clinging on for dear life to the last bit of motivation I can muster up. I remember someone in high school telling me to always look beyond the finish line in order to run the fastest race - your body naturally wants to slow down as you approach the end. I've decided that while I see myself slowing down, I'm still going to end strong. There's no sense in working hard for 4 years to get what I want, only to drop the ball in the last 2 weeks. :) With that said, here's my schedule... just so you know why I'm not returning phonecalls or emails... and so my grandma knows what times to pray for all my important stuff. Gosh, I love my grandma. I wish everyone could meet her, cause she's adorable. :) heehee :)

Tuesday: Strat presentation, 4:30pm, Interview Paper due, 6pm, MY NIECE IS BEING BORN!!! :) :) :)
Wednesday: Postmodernism paper due, 8am
Thursday: Take-home Sociology Final due, 12pm
---
Monday: Postmodernism Final, 7:30am (who gets up this early??)
Tuesday: Online resume & Strat Case Final due by midnight (because I won't be able to work on them after that!)

Not too bad... I just have to stay strong a little longer... so close... :) And then this thoughtful, kind-hearted, spanish-speaking, super-cute guy is flying in to see me on the Wednesday before graduation... Oh yes... I'm excited. :)

So, I guess that's a little update on my life. I'm still debating with God, being honest with my struggles... I haven't quite decided whether I like church anymore - I think I may need to check out some emerging churches... I still love God and Jesus very much and think they are what I'd like to model my life after. I still feel like I have the world ahead of me and while I have some narrowing ideas of what I'd like to do with my life, I'm finding new things that spark my interest all the time. My friends are incredible, my family is amazing and I have to say I'm feeling very blessed.

I'm excited to see the adventures after graduation... I'm looking to get involved in some event-planning work for a people-focused (maybe non-profit) organization that helps spanish-speaking people... we'll see what comes up. :) If anyone has any suggestions, let me know... K, back to the paper... I just thought it had been a while since I'd written an update. :) I hope everyone is feeling contentedly blessed or being genuinely broken in front of a loving God or both...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home