I just realized today that my birthday is exactly 1 month from today. Well, I guess it's technically YESTERDAY. ;) Anyways, I was thinking about getting older and making my life count. I really want to live my life and not just survive it. Granted, right now I'm on survival mode with school, but with a greater end in sight, I suppose. :) I'm working hard now to qualify for things later on so I can help workers and children all over the world... but I need that piece of paper first, that says I'm qualified. Oh gosh. In the short term, I have 5 presentations, 3 tests, 2 group projects, a few decent-sized papers and 1 fatty research paper due before I graduate. Not too bad... a lot in the next 5 weeks, but when it all comes down to it, I will be graduated and done. Thank God. :) I have to say everything has been worth it and I'm ready... I still enjoy the little things along the way like lunchbox dinners, happy moments, special emails & phonecalls, digging up the garden to plant flowers and watching good movies... but I'm ready to let go of the deadline mentality. We'll see what real life is like, but it sure looks a little easier from the outside. :)
Again, taking another perspective, what an incredibly privileged, blessed or spoiled life I lead - where a lot of my stress comes from meeting deadlines that will eventually lead to the honing of my critical thinking skills and the furthering of my education about the world around me. How incredible. I feel like within such a big world, there are so many lifestyles to accustom to... I'm too blessed, but I will thank God for the blessing, I suppose. What else can I really do? I hope more and more people can enjoy this privilege as well... it's fantastic. :) I also do this, keeping in mind those suffering around the world... as I've said before, I am still haunted and will continue to be so... their faces... their stories... I hope I never forget them - that not one moment passes where my self-centered lifestyle surpasses the needs and desires of others. At least, that's my heart's desire... we'll see how good I am at playing that out. ;)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home