WTF?!?!?!
Budget Cuts
It seems to me that it's simply that the President has grown up with cultural Christianity - one about images and going to church on Christmas and Easter. That religion is about hypocrisy and saving face and saying the right things and socializing on Sunday. It's not genuine - it's not Jesus. Jesus was a good man. If the President claims to follow him, goddamnit - do it already! Don't care more for your pocketbook and votes from the conservatives (monetarily) than you do for doing what is right.
I'm not saying all conservatives are bad and that money in itself is evil - I remember the man I met who supports 7 different orphanages in Mexico and provides small business loans for his surrounding community - all after becoming extremely wealthy. He was all for tax cuts because, for him, it meant he could give more. He is an inspiration and the exception to the rule.
Time after time, studies show that people live within the means of their income, with a very small regard for other peoples' needs. Because of this, I think it is essential that we set up within our government a way to breach the ever-increasing gap between the rich and the poor using supplemental programs to do so.
Perhaps the supplemental programs are a crutch - but sometimes we break our leg, right? If your problem with these programs is dependency, fix the programs - don't annihilate them.
I'm so very dissapointed Mr. President. I believed in you - and you have yet again let me down.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home