Ponderings of an Inquisitor

11.27.2005

Café Britt, Roblealto & Cafta March

Well, you already heard my big revelation on the coffee place excursion, but here´s some pics to go with that... It really was interesting and I learned a lot about coffee and how to properly drink it...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=w8mm1o5.180nk09d&x=0&y=-20l102

Another one of our site visits was at a place called Roblealto. Roblealto is a chicken farm that uses it´s profits to support a home for at-risk children (those whose parents are abusive or have serious mental problems). It´s awesome because they really have a wholistic care from what I can see - they have a school, a home, food and psychology visits that each kid can take advantage of. It really made me think about the idea of "business as mission" where you do business excellently so that other people can be taken care of. If I ever had a business, I think that´s what I would like to do. :)

After Roblealto, we headed back to San Jose and stepped into an anti-CAFTA march. They really pulled out the stops with a grim reaper and music and dancing and drums and everything. ICE, the state-sponsored phone service here, was obviously very prominent in the parade... It´s really neat to have studied enough about economy, history and culture to actually understand what´s going on in San Jose on a day to day basis... fun times.

Anyways, here´s some pics of Roblealto & CAFTA:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=w8mm1o5.98lmm2p&x=0&y=-joxfjf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home