I also wanted to take a second to let you know how proud I am of you.
Honestly, I don't think we ever really got along when you were younger. In my eyes, and through our limited interaction, I thought you were a major pain in the ass.
With that as a background, I have found myself growing quite fond of you over the past few years. I have seen you be a terrific daughter and granddaughter. I have seen you be a teriffic friend. I have also seen you grow into a person of committed, compassionate, thoughtful faith; not the hollow "talk the talk" stuff, but the really hard "walk the walk" kind. And while you know I don't share your beleifs, you should know that I respect you and your committment to them.
Vanessa, it's the little things we never say or do that we regret. So, for the record, I love you, sister.
Take care, be safe and I'll see you at Christmas.
P.S., you probably already know, but you're gonna be an aunt.
Bob, you couldn´t have given me a more perfect gift. Thank you so much for your respect and especially for your love - I feel more than honored... Can´t wait for Christmas...
3 Comments:
Thanks. Thoughtful even fom afar.
By
Bob, at 9:37 AM
I also wanted to take a second to let you know how proud I am of you.
Honestly, I don't think we ever really got along when you were younger. In my eyes, and through our limited interaction, I thought you were a major pain in the ass.
With that as a background, I have found myself growing quite fond of you over the past few years. I have seen you be a terrific daughter and granddaughter. I have seen you be a teriffic friend. I have also seen you grow into a person of committed, compassionate, thoughtful faith; not the hollow "talk the talk" stuff, but the really hard "walk the walk" kind. And while you know I don't share your beleifs, you should know that I respect you and your committment to them.
Vanessa, it's the little things we never say or do that we regret. So, for the record, I love you, sister.
Take care, be safe and I'll see you at Christmas.
P.S., you probably already know, but you're gonna be an aunt.
By
Bob, at 10:08 AM
Bob, you couldn´t have given me a more perfect gift. Thank you so much for your respect and especially for your love - I feel more than honored... Can´t wait for Christmas...
By
Sings in the Sunshine, at 11:06 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home