more Limon...
This is what a banana bunch looks like before we get to it!

This is a sloth way up in the tree on the way to Limon... yah for tropical rainforest!!
When we got to Limon, we stayed in Hotel Miami and interviewed a bunch of people on the topic of poverty... very interesting... then we went to dinner and then hung out the rest of the night...
This is Heidi and I eating cow tongue.... it´s reeeeally yummy!
The next morning we went to an indigenous reservation (like Native American reservations, except in Costa Rica) and learned about their gods and their culture and how they breed iguanas for their meat and then sell the meat to Costa Ricans. I have yet to eat Iguana meat, but if I do, I´m sure it´ll be interesting!
There´s an iguana in this massive tree... can you find him? Heehee... like ´Where´s Waldo?´

Another way they make money is by making this coconut purse things that Heidi´s standing next to... very interesting... I would´ve bought one, but I didn´t think to bring any money! Silly me! :)

Then we went to the beach which was amazingly warm and salty and then on to a conference speaker and then a calypso band with dancing... so much fun!!! I LOVED IT! One of the guys kinda taught me how to dance calypso and it was pretty awesome... :) But it´s a lot harder than it looks!
Sunday we went to an english-speaking church and then to lunch with a family... it was okay. Kinda awkward and you have to eat everything they put in front of you... so although it was really good I seriously thought I was going to be ill... Oh man! Good thing it was just one meal!! And then we went on the 3 hour bus ride home... :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home