For lunch, my mama made me a very American/CR lunch and it was so adorable! It was perfect! She made a little salad and sent me rice/beans/ham and then some fruit (a guayaba – not the easiest to eat!) and then I got to try tres leches. All of it was very yummy and extremely thoughtful, cause I know that salad is definitely not typical Tico or Nicaraguan food.
After classes, I walked home (it’s a gorgeous 15 minute walk) and met my mama half-way. It was pouring rain and I got drenched almost. I had an umbrella but it wasn’t super helpful. I need to buy a good rain jacket. Then I changed real quick and went with my sisters (Kalia & Elisa) to a worship service/tea-thing. It was very interesting. The church is Pentecostal, so the women (not girls – women) were dancing and everyone was just really into the singing and raising hands and everything. They repeat things a lot in songs, and they repeat your prayer when you’re praying, or say things like “gloria a dios” “si, padre” and that sort of thing. It’s interesting but good. I’m having a great time just observing and comparing to show the differences and similarities.
Afterwards, we went to the market to get some stuff for mama and then back to Elisa’s house, which is right across the street. It’s really cute, actually. I like how their family is so close by. We talked and laughed a LOT – it’s so nice to be with people that I can laugh with! I was afraid they’d be all serious and proper, but they’re VERY down to earth. I already love them very much.
Now, I’m going to sleep because I’m very tired. I’ll write more later.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home