Ponderings of an Inquisitor

9.24.2005

Going to Cartago

This is the Basilica in Cartago of the patron saint, "La Negrita". It´s kinda dirty but if you look past all the dirt, it´s pretty amazing artistically speaking.


This is a sculpture of "La Negrita"... Supposedly, she´s the Virgin Mary in the form of a black person who appeared a long time ago. People go to Cartago every year on August 1st to pay homage to her for all her miracles. This sculpture is kept below the basilica..


This is a picture of a rosary necklace that I thought was very beautiful. It´s also below the basilica - they bring gifts to her of things that were healed too, like silver feet or hands or heads or whatever... kinda cultish but interesting. We learned how to pray the Rosary and I liked it a lot. Very reverant towards the Lord. I think I´m learning to take the good of everything I can. :)


This is the holy water that flows on the side of the Basilica... people take some back for blessings and drench themselves in it while they´re there. Very interesting...


There are more pics, but now they´re not uploading... I´ll share more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home