Ponderings of an Inquisitor

8.17.2005

Wedding Week, Friday

It's all kinda blur - I don't remember quite what happened in the morning... but the evening was the rehearsal... pretty funny. As a joke, the girls walked into "Foxy Lady" instead of the normal song... We did a few run-throughs and made sure everyone looked just right...

These are the bridesmaids - Liz, Sarah, Anna, me & Lindsay (Matron of Honor)


I guess it's midwest tradition that it's bad luck to have the bride do the actual rehearsal, so Erica's stepsister, Dae stood in for her during the practice. :) She did a good job! :) haha


Holy goodness - yes, Joe had EIGHT groomsmen!! Steve Lewis was the pastor who did their ceremony, then our brother Bob was his best man. Then his groomsmen were as follows: Omid, Shibu, Buzz, Greg, Jason, Dave, Jeremy


Wowie... lots of people! We don't even have pics of everyone! Then we headed over to Mongolian Grill for the rehearsal dinner - it was amazing! Seriously, I feel like I know Joe better, having heard his friends' perspective on him. I'm excited that Joe and Erica are surrounded by such awesome people who love them both SO much. :)

















After dinner, Erica handed out her presents to her bridesmaids - so cute. :) She made us all handbags with our initials on them and then gave us gorgeous earrings to wear with our dresses...



And then the speeches began... hilarious because everyone started out saying how they hated Joe when they first met him... and then they came to love him and respect him. They said that Joe asked them the questions they didn't even want to ask, let alone answer. I always felt that way about Joe, but assumed it was because he was my brother... he's really that awesome with his friends as well as his family. To see him this grown up is amazing... he's married, he's mature, he's patient, he's adorable... I love him so much... I hope we stay close the rest of our lives.







Then... Joe told Erica how much he loved her... :) awww...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home