Ponderings of an Inquisitor

8.30.2005

hi!

Okay, so I'm here and there's sooooooo much to tell everyone! I've been journaling every night which is good, cause I really don't feel like updating on the last week - way too much. Problem is, I have to find an internet cafe that allows me to use the USB port. Boo.... :*( As soon as I find one, I'll update you on what's been going on and what I've been learning and my pictures and everything. Just in general, the last week has been orientation and spending time with our familias. Today was our first day of class and it was very hard - emotionally. Basically, they turned everything we've learned about history on it's side... it's going to be a very interesting experience, challenging a lot of beliefs that I've previously just accepted. Wow. We also had our spanish class and I'm with 4 other girls in my level, which is very nice. We don't speak perfectly, but we do pretty well. :) I like it very much. And mi familia is so wonderful.

Here's what a typical weekday will look like for me:

Wake up at 6am, the sun shining on my face (it gets up that early!). Then get ready for school while my mamá makes my breakfast and cleans the house a bit (including doing my laundry). Then I leave the house at 7:20am and walk to school and have class (the challenging one on culture, history, etc.) till 11:30am. We eat lunch and take a bus over to ILE (our spanish language place). We have class for 1.5 hours (grammar) and then a break for 15 minutes and then more class for 1.5 hrs (conversation). Then we take a bus to San Jose and do whatever we need to (internet, shop, whatever) and then a few of us take a bus back to our neighborhood. I walk the rest of the way home (very safe neighborhood) and eat dinner with mi familia, talk a bit with them and do homework. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I do the same, except I don't have class in the morning. It'll be interesting, and I'll update... as soon as I find a good internet cafe!

I'll have to tell you more in my future posts, cause I'm gonna go catch the bus home...

I'll talk to you all later!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home