Ponderings of an Inquisitor

8.29.2005

Angie & Dan's Wedding Day!

So... pretty stress-free morning... did hair... shopped... got lunch... then got nails done... then the nail lady decided to take FOREVER and so we got behind. But... I think our car ride during that most stressful time was one of my favorite parts of the week - we were laughing hysterically (we kinda released our nerves through the laughter!). We grabbed stuff from Angie's apartment (everything except the marriage license - oops!), and then headed to the hotel to get ready.

I practiced the song with Holly while the other girls were getting ready... then Angie's Aunt Faye & cousin Ame did our make-up and we slipped our dresses on... arriving about 45 minutes later than we were supposed to, but oh well. Meanwhile, Jessiquita & Matt drove back to Angie's apartment to grab the marriage license and made it just in time to see the ceremony. It was gorgeous wedding - seriously, perfect.

The pastor did an introduction, then Pam read from Corinthians on love, then Holly & I sang "Come What May", then Krista read from Corinthians on committing to each other entirely, then the Pastor said good stuff, then they were pronounced and then Debbie read a poem by Twila Paris & then they were pronounced man and wife again. :) It was awesome - and very beautiful. I don't think I've ever been happier to see two people get married. They are absolutely perfect for each other and I love them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!












We took pictures in the grass & on the beach and then got introduced. Okay, so everyone was pretty normally introduced... But of course, my shoe decided I was gonna get stuck in the bridge - I almost tripped! heehee :) Steven held me up, though. :) Then we got to eat dinner & mingle a bit... then toasts... I felt like I rambled, but I just love them so much, I could talk about them for forever! Then Dan & Angie danced and then the bridal party & then the parents... then the dance floor was opened up (woo-hoo!) which was fun. Then cake-cutting/thank-yous from Dan and Angie... mmmmm.... reeeeeeeeeeeeeally good cake. :) And then more dancing & mingling... then the bouquet toss (5-year-plan, Haley) and the garter toss (yeah, Steven)... and then we sent them away!















The night FLEW! It was SO much fun, but as we cleaned up and kinda took a step back to realize what had just happened, we all agreed that it was crazy how quickly everything went. Still, it was so much fun. :) Then the boys came over and we watched Dodgeball and crashed... It was really fun to get to know them and hang out!

Then it was over - just like that. :) Angie was incredibly beautiful and Dan was so handsome - they were perfect. :) Awww.... our little girl's all growed up! :) heehee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home