Ponderings of an Inquisitor

7.06.2005

Jen's 22nd Bday

So... Holly and I decided to randomnly drive down to San Diego for Jen's birthday (which, by the way, was the same 4th of July weekend...hellooo traffic!). But... we thought it'd be fun. :) So, after 3.5 hours of driving, we finally got there and hung out a bit with the Sanderson clan and then left with Shmem for the Olive Garden. We had lotsa fun and caught up and relaxed... then we went to La Jolla to see the ocean in red tide! It was AMAZING! Oh my goodness - we were having SOOO much fun! Whenever you walk in the sand, it glows neon green because of some plankton/bacteria thingies... I don't know what the biochemistry is behind it - I just thought it looked cool! :) haha Anyways, we had some good times with that... we walked along the coast and had good conversation, which is ALWAYS my favorite part about people... it's what makes us unique - what we think about the world, how we process things, what we think is right or wrong and the reasons behind our thinking... People fascinate me - and I love that my friends are still growing and changing enough that I'm still fascinated by who they're becoming... what a privilege to be a part of watching them get older and getting older with them. :) There's still that sweetness of good 'ol friends, but each of us has grown up and changed in little ways for the better... how fun. :) We talked about goals and dreams and ideas... I loved it. :) Gosh, I love my friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home