Ponderings of an Inquisitor

6.11.2005

Time flies...

So... some busy last few weeks. I had some good times... some stressful times... they've been generally good, though. :) I'll have to post pics of stuff in the future cause my computer's down right now & I can't upload any of my pics... So I'll tell you about the stuff that doesn't have any pics to it....

Moved down to the 2nd floor of my dorm, stressful, but whatever - I'm there now. :) Started training for my new job up here... sounds intense, but I've yet to encounter any intensity in the office. I basically listen to music, do whatever I need to and wait for people to call or stop by. We're open 24/7 so I work a lot of 6-11pm shifts... I finally sat down and figured out my schedule since I double-booked myself twice... I hate doing that! What else? Hmmm...

Oh, I'm taking a history class @ the JC. It's amazing - my whole class cost me $150. Here, that buys you a little over 1/3 a unit. Holy goodness. But... I'd never trade it... :) I love Biola. The class is very interesting - it's especially interesting to be taught by someone who sees the Bible as pretty much inaccurate. She's very fair, though. She points out the good and the bad - so she doesn't 'through out the baby with the bath water' so to speak. Still... it's a little offensive sometimes... but she's pretty gentle and it's not personal... but I definitely understand that 'jealousy for God's name' thing. I don't think I realized how precious Scripture and the Lord was until it was sorta threatened... But really, it's good. I like learning from different persepectives, so I'm trying to soak up as much as possible. The cool thing is that I only have to get a C which will be cake. Not that I won't try, but I won't stress out if I get a B or something. It's relieving to take a class with the pure motivation of learning instead of doing what it takes to 'get the A'. Interesting, huh?

Hmm... what else? Uhh...went home for Angelina's wedding (which I'll post about later w/ pics) and to hang out with my folks for a little. We just kinda sat and talked and then watched a movie... it was pretty cool.

I went on a date with my friend Christopher... he's Tina's step-son. He was very sweet and we had fun... We went to El Torito for dinner & then went and watched "The Longest Yard" - which is hilarious but definitely has a few awkward moments... if you've seen it, I'm sure you know what I'm referring to - it's all done in humor so it's not that awkward, but basically could be kinda offensive if you're gay... I think? I dunno. :) Anyways, it was mostly funny... and Chris kept pointing out all these sports people which was cool, cause I had no clue who they were. It was cool just to hang out & talk & have some fun...

Today I've mostly been working on homework and my fatty "to-do list". I'm slowly chinking away at the iceberg... Tommorrow I've got church, grace group, making dinner for my friend's bday (Parker) and then work from 6-11pm. Fun times, lemme tell you. ;)

I think I'm gonna go work on some more hw now... I'll try to post again soon... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home