This weekend
Saturday was taebo, shower, breakfast, errands, Joy's bridal shower... (pause)... The shower was so cute and I'm totally stealing ideas! I'm not gonna post them yet (though you can prob. guess from the pics!) cause I don't wanna give anything away, but they were cute ideas and it was way cool. It was most definitely not a personal shower, so I got Joy an ice cream scoop from her bridal registry as well as some ice cream dishes and ice cream candies... there I go with themed presents again. :) haha It was fun.
...then got picked up by Chrystal's fam... went to dinner... went and ushered at the POPS concert... (pause)... The POPS concert is a concert for symphonic winds that happens every 5 years... Alumni come and play again and it's just a good time... I was definitely pleased. Paul played trumpet in it, Chrystal's Uncle Phil played trombone in it, and there were a bazillion others, of course. :) I was proud! They did well and played some awesome selections - my favorite was definitely Star Wars... oh man. Way to nail it!
...then went to the store to pick up some dessert for today... which I actually didn't need till next week (oops!!!)... went to look at Chrystal's brother's wedding pics... came home... did hw... got up at 7 to make the dumb cookies we didn't need.... :) went to church... which was awesome.... (pause)... It was about how these baby Christians were living spirit-filled lives because of repentance and yielding to the Spirit of the Lord... They "broke bread" (koinonia - communion) and worshipped the Lord which naturally led them to a love for those not joining them in the celebration. It wasa really cool... It kinda reiterated my passion for being a Christian as early as possible - not just getting fire insurance... it's living a life of hope and peace that the Lord is in control... I don't know how I would survive this world otherwise... He also emphasized the balance of the Holy Spirit and the word of God which I'm a firm believer in as well... well done... And the best part about all of it was that he explained that it was a response to the overwhelming love of Jesus - not a "I have to do this because I'm supposed to"... oh man... so good. :)
And...that's about it...came back and did other stuff.. slept some... read some... and now I'm distracting myself a wee bit longer till I venture off to homework land again. :) Sweet dreams everyone!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home