Ponderings of an Inquisitor

5.22.2005

I love my life...

okay, so today was my 21st Birthday - and can I just tell you??? It was AMAZING. I don't think I've ever felt more loved on my Birthday! Here's how it went...

Yesterday, my boss, Tina made a little Mexican fiesta for me in the office & got me a card that was signed by all her kids (even Rachel, who's 4!) and her and then a gift certificate to ROSS... Oh, man... I love that store! It was SOOO sweet. :) I LOVED it! The decorations were PERFECT!! :)

Then... I went and checked my mailbox and there were cards from my parents (which was filled with confetti & I dumped EVERYWHERE - but it was really funny) and from my grandparents (which was filled with some pretty pieces of paper!) ;) They were SO special!!

Then... I woke up this morning to my grandparents & parents serenading me with "Happy Birthday" - did I mention it was 7:45am??? :) haha. :) Gotta love it! :) I actually was pretty coherent... umm... I think. :) heehee

Then... I looked around and there was a trail of roses from my bed to my desk that said "Have we told you lately that we love you? -Love, Cari & Chrystal" SO cute!!! So, I gathered those up and put them in a vase... jumped in the shower & got ready for my breakfast date with Heidi...

Then... I'm back in my room, diligently working on my paper, when out of nowhere is the "Happy Birthday" song (restaurant style) that scared the daylights out of me! But it was soooo cute. :) Betho, Cari, Dee, Oliva, and Chrystal had all plotted to bring me ANOTHER bouquet of flowers and a small, Spanish, NIV version Bible to take to Costa Rica with me - such a sweet, thoughtful gift from them! :) Now I have several to choose from!! :) They were SO wonderful... :)

Then... I got a mysterious phonecall from Angie, followed by a phonecall from Campus Safety, telling me I needed to come pick some stuff up - Angie had sent me 2 balloons and ANOTHER bouquet of flowers. I'm going to pause to tell you how BEAUTIFUL all my bouquets were and how funny it was because they were all reeeally bright, happy colors. :) My friends know me very well. :) haha They were perfect - I LOVE flowers!!!

Then... throughout the day I got phonecalls from all sorts of sweet friends/family. :) It was wonderful. ;) Seriously, I felt SO special... Oh! And Betho made me chocolate chip cookies later that day! It never ended! It was like 24-hours of lovin' :) Ahhh... this is where that quote feels so true:

"Assemble in your imagination all the friends that you enjoy being with most. The companions that evoke the deepest joy, your most stimulating relationships, the most delightful of shared experience, the people with whom you feel completely alive - that is a hint of heaven." - Eugene H. Peterson

So... here's some pics from throughout the day. I can't say thank-you enough to all my ridiculous wonderful, amazing friends and family who made this day incredible. :) I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home