Ponderings of an Inquisitor

5.27.2005

Goodness.

So... I'm officially done with my 3rd year of college. That's just crazy. Not a ton of thoughts, really. I've learned and grown a TON in the past 3 years. The cool part is that I'm more proud of who I am today than I was 3 years ago... It seems so long ago that the people that know me most intimately at this point were mere strangers. It's funny how things happen... and God always has the most PERFECT timing. It's so nice to rest in the hope and peace that I have nothing to fear and nothing to worry about because He is absolutely in control, working his beautifully orchestrated plan through my obedience and awe of His holiness.

Having said that, a part of me is sad that it's been so long since it was just me and the Lord. I mean, I talk to God all the time and pray and stuff... but just some good "hang out time"... I'm hoping I'll get some of that this summer... It was def. a factor last summer...

It's kinda nice feeling to actually miss Him, though... Like to really long to spend time with Him - I can't even describe it... What do other people do? Who don't get filled each day with the Spirit? Who don't experience God's love each day? How do people make sense of anything they're doing? I don't ask these questions to be confrontational - just that I really don't know what I would do if I had to live my life alone. God is ALWAYS in your corner - always looking to bless you and love on you (sometimes in hard ways). I guess I can just be thankful for that blessing...

I have so much to be thankful for... Gosh. I've been blessed by INCREDIBLE friends and family - a lot of relationships that truly make me love the Lord more being in relationship with them than if I was by myself. It's weird to think of leaving this little bubble I've been allowed to be in - though it has it's frustrations and quirks, it definitely has become home and a small taste of a true 'fellowship of believers'. But not annoying, legalistic people - people who want what's best for me because they love - but aren't unadventurous and sticklers. Heck, we celebrated being done with finals with some cranberry juice & vodka, some cigars, and some Bailey's (which, by the way tastes like cough syrup). :) I've never smoked a cigar before, so they taught me... they said the vanilla one was much better, but I def. didn't like the rum - it just tasted like smoke. Not that good... The only think I liked was the Cranberry vodka... yummm... I'm def. a fruity drink person...

Anyways, just goes to show you how awesome my friends are. No one got drunk or even tipsy... just tried some stuff out and had a little fun in the safety of our backyard, but when you get in an intimate conversation with them, they know how to really 'speak the truth in love' with everything from boys to the meaning of life.

There's a million other blessings, but tonight was def. an overwhelming example to me of how awesome they are. :)

Okay...time for bed... gotta go to work tommorrow! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home