Ponderings of an Inquisitor

4.17.2005

This weekend

Yeah, so I did a bunch of stuff this weekend... it was fun. :)

Friday night was gospelfest... we had all sorts of people - a couple child prodigies, BGC (Biola Gospel Choir), a couple singers, Favor (a singing group), and a Tongan choir. Everything was awesome except the Tongan choir. :) heehee But I'll post some pics of that... We presented Pete (a long-time choir member) with his robe (we retired it) because he's moving up to Northern California... sad day... :( We will miss him. After the concert, we went to Dennys and hung out with Cari & Chrystal's families... it was awesome. :) I love my friends and their families. :)

Saturday I went to TJ which was very... interesting? haha. :) No, seriously, I think it was my favorite trip down... It was just so random. First of all, we were riding and the brakes were really bad, so we stopped so the boys (Frank and Dustin) could fix the brakes - which took like 2 hours cause there were a million hurdles to jump over... but they did a great job. Then, we drove down to La Roca... and arrived after taking a couple wrong turns... haha :) Then we stayed there for like 3 hours... hung out with Margarita and the rest of the kids... We had a BBQ and fed our poor, starving (not quite) members... :) Oh, and I talked to a guy named Fernando, which was a little awkward cause he asked some kinda personal questions right off the bat, but at least he was really nice and talked to me in Spanish! :) haha... Then we left to find a clamp to fix the other side of the brakes... and ended up at Home Depot after 4 tries... :) Then they fixed the other brakes after a few more complications... oh man. The funniest part was to watch the other random men watching them fix it and looking like they wanted to come play... they'd eventually walk over and stare and talk with the boys. It was hilarious. :) But they did such an awesome job! It was pretty darn amazing. Then we tried to find the border and after a few more wrong turns and seeing the majority of Tijuana (which Dustin so kindly pointed out to us), we made it to the Otay border and only waited like 20 minutes to cross... It was actually sooo much fun. :) We had a lot of really cool conversations and a lot of just silly ones. :) It was wonderful. :) I think I must've slept most of the way up because I felt like we got there so quickly! :) Oh, but it was fun... :) Yay for random adventures. :) I hope there's another one next time!

Today I went to church and Dr. Thoennes spoke more on the Holy Spirit which was AMAZING. I loved it! And I love my church so much. :) It's just so awesome... He talked about how one of the reasons Christians sometimes forget about the Holy Spirit is because his role is to point to Christ and honor Him. Makes sense, huh? Yeah, it was awesome... And he also talked about how we become like what we adore... I hope I can always adore Christ... because I definitely want to become like Him - who wouldn't? He was awesome! Dr. Thoennes also said to "Pursue holiness by adoring Christ. Know God and make Him known." I liked that a lot. :)

After church, I took a nap and ran some errands and then we had a lunchbox picnic!! I'll post pictures of that - it was super fun. :) Alex's "Mum" was there and she and Alex made some pies and so did the guys... they regailed their adventures in Yosemite which was just SO much fun to hear about - I loved it. :) I was in my glory because boy, do they have some doozies for stories!!! Oh man. :) I loved it. I love my friends soooo much. :) They're amazing.

Anyways, that's about it... I'm ready for the week and now I'm gonna go do some homework...

I've decided I kinda/sorta/not really (haha) like having things I'm unsure of because it keeps me constantly in prayer. I'm always asking the Holy Spirit and the Lord for guidance whenever I have things I'm afraid of or don't understand... it just seems to draw me closer to Him. So, even if the stuff that's going on in my life is just to draw me closer, I think I like it. :) I mean, of course I'd like to have more clarity, but I think there's a lot to gain from ambiguity. :) Just a thought...

I love life. :)

1 Comments:

  • uh huh....so now i know the real story on why you guys were late :oP it wasn't so much that the rest of our team was hungry but rather all those poor starving children that were waiting to be fed! glad to hear you had such great times and i'm also glad we decided to take taxis' rather then hitching a ride in frank's truck to the border 'cause we would have had to wait for forever it sounds! see you tonight!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home