Ponderings of an Inquisitor

3.02.2005

ahhh....

So... the day is over and my eyelids are pretending to stay open. My head starts to drift towards thoughts of a warm, snuggly haven where my dreams take me to bouncing in the clouds and fulfilled aspirations... Oh, how I love sleep. :) It is my time of restoration, peace and safety.

I had a great discussion with Jeni tonight. Really awesome. It was about evangelism and God working and such. I've really been struggling with God and how He works and who He is and it's really nice to know that everyone else doesn't have it all together and understand everything either. She was such an encouragement. She's a really cool person... I'm really glad she lives on my floor... she really has a heart that desires to serve the Lord. :)

Talked a bit with Johanna and Catelyn after coffee talk tonight... we're going to have coffee on Friday afternoon which will be good... I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. :)

For coffee talk, I made muddy buddies. They were super. :) In fact, I made 14 cups of them and they're all gone now... they're like the best dessert ever.

Chrystal and I did taebo tonight... that was fun. :) I like taebo. It's like the only work-out video I'll probably keep doing the rest of my life. It's amazing how sweaty you can get in 25 minutes!

Ummm...today was generally good. Oh, I spoke en español por 40 minutos con Jessica! Había muy divertido! Ojalá que me mejoraré antes de ir a Costa Rica. Oh, speaking of which, I got accepted to Costa Rica. :) On Thursday. That's pretty darn awesome. God is so good to me and blesses me so much - even when I doubt Him and get angry at Him. So... maybe God's not out just for himself. He does love us... not that He'd love me any less if I didn't get into Costa Rica... okay.. the end.

Oh, so Jessica and I came to a good conclusion about evangelism, thanks to the Lord speaking through a lot of really cool people. We've decided we should definitely give it a shot - even though we don't necessarily feel comfortable with it... for one, Paul says he doesn't care how it gets out (as long as it's correct & in love), as long as it does - so... definitely have to be supportive of that. Also, Thoennes was talking about how we have sinful flesh and that sometimes our flesh tries to talk us out of doing what the Holy Spirit is encouraging us to do... but we "must persevere in doing good".

Yeah, today was filled with lots of thoughts... I'm kinda at a point (thanks to the Lord intervening through Tina & others) where I just have to have faith that although there are things that Jesus says we can't know or understand, and although things might not seem right to me, I have to trust that the Lord is there in the midst of pain and suffering, and that He can still restore a bad situation. He's not out to make our lives miserable - He really does love us. It sorta helps me with seeing people who are constantly being hurt. He's there in the midst of the pain. Resting in His peace and trusting that He'll keep you going is the best thing to do.

It's funny how you can get so caught up in the details that you forget the big issue of having faith... so elementary... and yet so profound. :)

Okay, I'm going to go read Leviticus and memorize a verse in Psalms... and dream of beautiful things and wonderful people. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home