Ponderings of an Inquisitor

2.16.2005

Update

Wow... time flies. So... had classes... here's my thoughts...

Finance - this should be interesting. My teacher's credentials sound really good... not sure about his fidgeting. :) He fidgets a lot - and always seems to have a pocket full of change... hmmm... No, he's cool. He's got a weird lecture style, so I'm not too sure what I'll do with that yet... but this'll definitely be a more realistic upper division class that I'll actually have to read the book & study for... it's about time though... my other classes let me get off to easy with all these study guides... :)

Hardware/Software: In this class, I get my own computer to take apart & put back together & to put viruses on and take them off... pretty darn cool, if you ask me! I'll finally be able to figure out what this silly contraption is doing! ;)

E-Commerce: This class is a class we basically learn about anything that has to do with a business using the web - whether it be networking, selling merchandise, etc. It should be interesting & somewhat simple.

Business Law: Interesting... It's a very broad overview, but I think it'll be very helpful. I'm gonna study really hard for this class because it's very interesting to me... I like learning all the ins and outs of the system - it's interesting that in our system, a lawyer is considered to be doing the "right thing" by misleading a jury, as long as he/she asks the right questions without full-out lying... sorta a bummer... don't know how to fix it though... Anyways, it'll be good to learn everything.

Christian Thought 2: Basically a doctrine class... we're studying the doctrine of the Holy Spirit right now which is cool... I'm getting affirmed in my beliefs which is cool... and being challenged in others which is even cooler... I like it. :) I'm not too sure how I feel about the teacher... he's kinda arrogant... but it may just be a personality clash... we'll see!

Gospel Choir: Doin' it again! We're currently learning a song in Swahili which is sooo cool! I love it! :) We're not going to Georgia this spring break cause it'd be too expensive, but we're aiming for the next spring break (2006).

Spanish: I'm trying to get into a conversation workshop... it means changing my work schedule a bit, so we'll see... Otherwise, I'm going to Spanish chapels and practicing when I can... I've applied for Costa Rica and now it's in God's hands - I'll let you know when I find out... I believe I find out the 25th of February...

Ministry Anchors: Our encouragement ministry is still treckin' along! We've found some new people & lost some old... and we're starting to plan for next years' leadership which should be interesting! I hope it goes well... We're mainly trying to get our name out right now... it's just sorta difficult... we'll see. :) It's really awesome though - this past week, we made a cake & decorated it & made an encouragement book for the chapel lady and she loved it! She teared up and was so blessed... it's always awesome to know that you're doing something that makes a difference and not just doing something so you feel good, ya know?

TJ Ministry: Back in this again this semester - should be interesting. I feel sorta selfish cause I love being in Mexico and so I kinda just go for that reason, but there's no way to really establish a relationship with the girls down there... I hope I can soon... maybe I can live there right after I get out of school for like a month or something... we'll see...

Friends: We have "family lunches" and a "family dinner" each week which has been awesome. I love our group. :) I'm trying to savor all the time we have with each other, realizing that this is the last semester we'll all be together since (in theory) Chrystal & I will be gone in the Fall and Cari will be gone in the Spring... I'm looking forward to a fun semester with them.

I think that's about all for now... nothing major in the last few weeks... I've decided I'll be up here for the summer... but I'll come down to San Diego and visit every couple weeks or so... and that's it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home