Ponderings of an Inquisitor

1.29.2005

grr...

So... I've decided I don't know how to be assertive... and it bugs me. I don't know how to be like "no. we're not doing that." Or how to say, "uh... this is what I'm doing, so get over it." I feel like I always end up agreeing with other people to avoid conflict, trying to subtly hint at what I'd like, but being made to feel stupid for even hinting it. Oh - look at that. I was assertive (with the help of my friend B). So... that was good. I guess the balance is to be assertive when it's important. If it's not, then let it go.

Today was perfect. It was sooo beautiful outside! I worked this morning @ the bookstore, walked to Starbucks & did 2 chapel tapes, walked to the lunchbox & left for a bikeride with C & C. It was AWESOME. :) We went for like 2.5 hrs. I loved it. :) And I listened to the Evita soundtrack while I was riding. Yay. :)

Then, we came back, stretched & showered... I put on some comfy pjs & my mom & I looked at bridal dresses. Here's the top 4 I'm considering, in random order:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_bycolor_detail.jsp?stid=447&sid=3962&cfid=6

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_bycolor_detail.jsp?stid=402&sid=2550&cfid=6

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_bycolor_detail.jsp?stid=1552&sid=4647&cfid=6

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_bycolor_detail.jsp?stid=1554&sid=4665&cfid=6

I'm smaller in my upper body & bigger in my lower body, comparatively. So, I can't do the whole tight around the hips/butt area - cause I carry almost all my weight in my lower body... fun times. :) But the dresses look pretty cute - I've tried 2 of them on... still deciding, though. My mom & I looked over it & she chose her favorites as well.

Then came over to the lunchbox again for pizza & now D & I are waiting for C to come home (with oreo ice cream). :) We're going to watch "A Day Without a Mexican". We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home