Update
Thanksgiving was perfect. I didn't bring home any homework, got to see my family & a few friends and just really enjoyed the break. It was also pretty overwhelming how many things there are to be thankful for - like you! :) I'm also really thankful that I get to go to Biola... what a blessing it's been to my life! It was wonderful. :)
After the nice break, I had one more week of some basic stuff... classes, met with a professor about the ministry, did ministry stuff... This past week, we brainstormed verses to send to all the RAs on campus... here's a couple:
Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Hebrews 12:1-2
(after talking about all the great examples in the Old Testament who persevered)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Those are two of my favorite passages now... I'm clinging to them in this last week before finals...
We met again with the Elevated Value Womens Conference people and got some things locked in which was good. I'm feeling much more steady about it. :) And I'm actually starting to get excited. I think it'll be really cool.
We had the Christmas tree lighting at school on Friday night which was perfect. :) It was fun to hang out with friends and remember the special time. ;) I met Tina's family, as well, which was cool! I didn't really get to hang out with them, but it was good to meet them. :)
I worked most of the weekend on a paper for my POM class which was frustrating... oh well... I got to go to the Gospel Choir concert on Saturday night which was SO awesome! I was SO blessed just to be there and hear them sing. :) So wonderful... I can't describe a Gospel Choir concert - ya'll are just gonna have to go to one for yourself. They're like nothing else.
So... Sunday I started to get sick and was basically sick all day Monday and stayed in bed all day... started to feel better Tuesday which was good... yay for drugs. :) haha Turned in a paper on Tuesday & another with 2 presentations on Wednesday. We gave a basic draft of our website that was due & mine's okay, but way too cheesy. I'm gonna be working on it a lot to fix it. Hopefully it will turn out okay. Either way, it'll be fine, but I'd really like it to look more professional. I've had some of my friends look at it which is good.
Today I'm just busy with work & appointments... I have to make gingerbread & chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies for tonight's party at the lunchbox (cari & beth & parker's house). It should be super. :)
Finals week is next week, so I'll be studying all weekend...woo-hoo! Boy, am I glad to be finished with this semester. :)
Random facts:
I bought the Clay Aiken Christmas CD - it's awesome!! :) "Mary, Did you know?" is my 2nd favorite Christmas song (behind "O Holy Night"). I LOVE CHRISTMAS! :)
There was a point this week that I said, "Okay, God. I've got nothing left - this work has to come solely from You. And it came!" :) Yay for prayer. :)
Okay... gotta get to my next meeting... I'll send more pictures later. Have I sent any of Parker's wedding shower weekend? Let me know & I'll send some. :)
Love you more than good breaks,
Vanessa
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home