Ponderings of an Inquisitor

11.23.2004

Update

Hello all,

I hope this Thanksgiving is just lovely for each of you. :)

What's been kickin in the last couple weeks... let's see...

I had dinner with Carol when she was out here which was good... we went to a Japanese (?) restaurant... I'm not sure exactly what it was, but it was very yummy food! :) We had good discussions... Carol's a deep thinker & definitely challenged my thinking... I always appreciate that. It was freaky driving around Beverly Hills... ayayay. :) But we got everywhere safely. :)

Amanda Crass spent a weekend with me - she's checking out Biola for college next year. I've never really gotten to know her as well as I wanted, cause I was always hanging out with her older sisters, but she is too adorable. She'll fit right in at Biola. I reeaally hope she ends up coming here. :) We had a great time & I feel like she really got to see what the school was like!

We had registration and next year, I'll be taking: Business Law, Business Finance, Information Technology Hardware & Software, E-business, Christian Thought 2 and Direct Marketing. It should be interesting! :) Lots of business classes! :)

We had our meeting with "Elevated to Excellence", the women's conference that we're supposed to have in February... I caught their vision which is good... it'll just be a lot of work... I'll tell you more about that later...

This past weekend, we had "Parker weekend". Our friend, Sarah Parker, who we all call "Parker" is getting married Jan. 14th, so we made a really special day for her on Saturday & someone else had her bridal shower on Sunday. Saturday, we had someone over & she got her make-up done & we did ours & then we all wore black shirts & jeans and took pictures... I'll send those to you later, after I get them processed & such. Oh, I attached my "I voted" pictures... heehee :) Fun times. :) ANYWAYS... then we took Parker to Joe's Crab Shack and got a bunch of different things to try... they dressed her up in a ridiculous dress & made her go around the restaurant picking up trash... It was funny & she was a good sport. :) Then, we took her to the beach & Cari & Chrystal went ahead to set up blankets (hi - it was FREEZING) and candles and martinellis and chocolate-dipped strawberries and her newly-fixed guitar. We blind-folded her & walked her over there.... then we hung out and talked and she played her guitar some & we sang songs... then we talked more about marriage... what she's scared of, what she's excited for... haha :) It was really neat. Then we started our tradition (it's a secret) that will continue on till we're all married... and we each prayed for her and Randy. It was really special. :)

Church was SO neat! Instead of a typical sermon, people in the congregation stood up and shared how God had been working in their life during the past year. It was AMAZING. These people have been through REALLY hard times. And ya know what the cool part was? They STILL see God's love. Oh... SO awesome. One woman, in particular, really struck my heart. She and her husband had one healthy baby boy, she was 3 weeks pregnant, and she'd suffered through FIVE miscarriages. Yes, it was obviously painful, but what she said is something I'll never forget... it's such an obvious statement of a supernatural, God-given strength for her to get through each of those miscarriages.... she said, "I promise you... God will not allow things to happen to you that are beyond your capacity to handle. He knows how far you can be stretched before you shatter into pieces... and He won't do that to you." This - from a woman who's gone through that much loss... It was profound.

After church, our grace group (from church) had a potluck and we basically did the same thing with our smaller group of people... and it was just another time of realizing how much restorting of our hearts that God is constantly doing. This is the first time in my life where I've gone to a church who holds tightly to Biblical truths, yet are so genuine and open about being imperfect people who are hurt and struggling & lean on the Lord to get through each day. I LOVE it!

Anyways...that's basically my weekend... I'm leaving tommorrow for Thanksgiving which will be super fun! :) I'm really looking forward to it. :) What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? I hope it's a sweet time for you. :)

Love you more than girly moments,
~Vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home