Ponderings of an Inquisitor

11.08.2004

Update

BOB!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!! : ) I hope it is just perfect. :)

Everyone remember to tell Bob happy bday! :)

----

So...let's see...since Torrey... wow. :)

Well, I went and hung out with Holly one Saturday - that was fun. :) I brought her a candy poster for her bday which is always fun. I think it's my favorite present to give, even though I've only given it like 3 times, I think. :) haha Anyways, we hung out together...mostly just chilled & then hung out with all the people she lives with. I really like her house & her friends. They were way cool. :) Especially this guy, Jimmy... he was just really genuine and cool to hang out with... :)

Then just a normal week... for Ministry Anchors, we sent 2 gift baskets to some people that are recovering from injuries and then we sent more secretaries little packages of hot cocoa with marshmallows, a card, and maple-y autumn cookies. :) They were way cute. And the cards had this picture of Chuckie (from the TV show, Rugrats) on it so everyone colored him which was funny to watch. :)

I was planning on going home that weekend (the weekend of Halloween) and decided against it because I had SO much work to catch up on. Friday, I went to a talk on "Does homosexuality and Christianity mix?" which I was very impressed with. I liked it cause it still held to the values that the Bible teaches, but totally wasn't anti-gay (a very typical response from those who don't take the time to be educated). So... I really liked that. And then, I went to a Mary Kay thing with my friends which was cool... got some eyeshadow I've been wanting for a while. Good times.

Then I came back and did homework - in fact, I did homework that whole weekend. I worked for 12 hours on Visual Basic and exciting news - I UNDERSTAND PROGRAMMING!!!! Yay! It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it - it's just the "getting the hang of it" part that's hard. :) haha That's good, though, cause it IS my major. :) Ya know, I didn't do anything for Halloween - neither did Chrystal. We both just got our work done which was much more important to us! :)

Let's see...then another normal week... had a Visual Basic quiz on Monday which I got an 85 on. Not bad... especially since no one got higher than a 90. It was actually super encouraging - it made me feel like I could really do this major. Then another Acts test on Tuesday... but then it was pretty peaceful. For Ministry Anchors, we wrote notes to all the custodial staff and then prayed over them for part of our meeting. We all have read that book, "The Five Love Languages" and so we wanted to do a different language other than gifts... so, anyways, we decided to be intentional this week to have conversations with the custodial workers and just be kind and loving. They are the nicest people ever - totally will talk to you and are so friendly. :) I love them. :) (the ones I've met). So, this week our "love language" was time given - as well as the prayer. It was pretty cool.

This weekend was AMAZING! On Friday, Mom & Dad & I watched Shrek 2 and hung out... had steak for dinner... Saturday I went to breakfast with my Grandpa @ this adorable little café in downtown Escondido - Champions. Yummm... And then we went to the antique store & looked around and then to the North County Fair Mall. We had a great time and I got to hear about what he did as a kid during Christmas and growing up and such. My grandpa's a pretty super cool person!!! :) It was delightful. :) Then he brought me back home & hung out some & then Mom & I went and got a spa pedicure & manicure!! Ahhhhhhh... yay for pampering. It was so AWESOME. And now my nails look all cute! heehee :) It was nice. Oh, and then we came back home and we all turned the lights down & then listened to a cd by Selah which is this amazing Christian group who covers hymns and other songs. SO good & SO wonderful. :) Just to sit & appreciate the purity of the music! Then, mom & I watched "A Little Princes" - Shirley Temple style... it was cute... ya know... :) Then, I got to sleep in till 10am on Sunday!!! Then we all had Bible Study together & lunch & then the weekend was over!! It was PERFECT!! The only thing missing was seeing Grandma as well as the rest of my favorite people... but I'll see you all soon. :)

That's about it...Carol's coming on Tuesday! (yay!) That should be super fun! Don't know exactly what we're doing yet, but we'll have a great time, I'm sure! I'm trying to get all my work done ahead of time so that I won't be stressed tommorrow! :)

Grandma-Thank you so much for your persistence in emailing me, despite the silly computer. :) Your emails brighten my day. :) Wow - you watched a ball game? Like the kind where they use silver clubs & little white balls with dimples? heehee :) Glad to hear your team won! I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving - seems SO far away! Well, we'll just have to make it extra special. :) I have pictures to show you and dad's blanket to show you & I'm sure I'll have more stories to tell by then. :) till then... :)

Okay...gonna go work on my website & catch up on emails...

Love you more than pedicures & manicures! (especially when momma pays for 'em!)

~Vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home