Ponderings of an Inquisitor

10.21.2004

Butterscotch Pudding

Ya know, I really like that stuff. It's nice. And the cool part is that if you buy the instant kind, it's ready in "just five minutes"! :) haha. :)

Anyways...life is goin steadily along. Not boucing-off-the-walls exciting, but interesting... sometimes sweet... sometimes hard... always blessed.

So...what's been happenin... Grandpa turned 40 the other day - twice, in fact. It was lovely. :) We celebrated his b-day when I went home for the weekend. So nice to be with him & grandma & mom & dad. I sure needed a break from school. I've decided that I always have a hard time the 1st 8 weeks or so of school & then right when I start getting used to things, it's good for a while and then, finals come & either summer/winter break. College is a very weird concept, you know.

Anyways... I was definitely burnt out & ready to come home. Friday night I just layed on our nice couch & watched the presidential debates... it was interesting - I'd never watched one before. Saturday grandpa & grandma came over and hung out & then I left for a little while to run errands, etc. Good stuff. Then Mom & Dad & I watched Seabiscuit - I'd never watched that either - I liked it. :) Sunday morning, Mom & I played hookie & went to La Jolla for muffins and hanging out on the beach... it was so pretty and refreshing. Then we came back and had lunch w/ dad... then I came back up. It was a really great weekend. There's nothin like family - I felt so special. I know it's like your family's "job" to think you're really cool, but it still feels really nice to be appreciated. I needed to hear it.

Anyways... I went on a GYRAD with my friend, Mike. GYRAD, by the way is basically this date night where you "Get Your Roomate A Date" and you go have fun with a bunch of people... sometimes it's w/ friends...sometimes it's with interests... and sometimes it's with complete strangers. ;) But they're pretty fun. Especially if you just go with a friend. We went to the Getty museum & then Diddy Riesse. The Getty was pretty good. I only saw like 1/3 of the museum and I wasn't super impressed, but maybe if I saw more, I'd like it. Diddy Reisse is this cool ice cream shop in Santa Monica where you get to choose two freshly baked cookies & your ice cream & they make you an ice cream sandwich for a buck! Pretty sweet deal! :) haha. So that was fun...and then we cam back and saw Collateral at the dollar theatre. That's a pretty good movie, I must say. Has anyone seen it?

Sunday was SO fun - I went for a 2hr bike ride - yay!! I haven't been in a month in a half. And while it was super fun while I was riding, I was SOOOOOOOOOO sore that night. Oh my WORD! I won't do that again... I'll just have to keep up the bike riding so my muscles don't have spasms! :)

This week was Torrey week, which basically means we only have 2 days of school and then 3 days of conferences. There are 10 sessions and you're supposed to go to 8 of them. Well, I needed a break from school to catch up on all the things that are needing to get done, so I went to one session & then I'll make up the rest later. It's cool cause I've been able to really relax this week.

Oh, I got my first filling at the dentist yesterday - it was pretty cool. My mouth felt all funny though. The funny thing is that it wasn't even for a cavity - it was for a chip in my tooth. It's been there for a while, but the dentist was afraid it'd turn into a cavity, so he filled it up. It feels nice and smooth. :) haha. OH, and when he said to "rinse out" my mouth after he'd done it, I went to drink the stuff and swish it around and it just sorta drooled out of my mouth. Oh man. :) Pretty darn funny. I kept thinking, "Why isn't my mouth staying shut?" and then I realized it was the novacaine (sp?). :) Fun times...

I took Chrystal to the airport today - she's flying out to see Sara B in Boston. (Sara B was my other roomate, freshman year). So, that's pretty cool! And now, I'm gonna go catch up on Visual Basic HW that I've been avoiding the last few days... :)

Love you more than Diddy Reisse,
~Vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home