Update
I had a real weekend this weekend which was nice. I actually got to relax and hang out which was really nice. I had my Acts Test on Tuesday which went just fine... I turned in my marketing proposal yesterday - ugh. It was so frustrating cause I didn't realize how big of a project it was until the morning of the day it was due...soo... kinda crazy stressness. But that's okay... Luckily it was only 1/3 of the class grade, so hopefully it won't hurt me too much.
This week was sorta stressful...but the cool parts were our Ministry Anchors events. Wednesday night we did a quarter drive where we collected quarters (and other money, of course) for someone who can't afford their groceries this month. We made $84 in bills along with a huge bag of quarters, 3 cups of pennies, a cup of nickels & a cup of dimes that we're gonna cash & write a check to this person for. I'm really excited about it. :)
Then, today, we wrote personal notes to the 22 people who work in our Financial Aid office and attached little bags of "treasures" candy to each of the envelopes. Those will be delivered to them tommorrow by one of our friends who works in Financial Aid. So, that's cool. They have a board where they put up all their encouraging notes (which they don't get a lot of) so they can increase morale - so now they'll have lots of 'em to put up on their board! :)
That's basically all the cool stuff... I've really gotten into taking some quiet time just to ponder and such...definitely enjoying our fountain. :) Hopefully I can work out all the things that go on in peoples' heads. Anyways, I gotta get to sleep, but wanted to send a quick update.
Grandpa-Thanks for all your encouragement. This year is definitely harder than the past two years have been. I guess this really does set out the people who will make it from those who won't...last two years are tough. Glad to hear you're doing better... :)
Love you more than fountain time...
~Vanessa
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home