Ponderings of an Inquisitor

9.07.2004

Update

Hey there!

So...exciting! :) Started classes and I'm really stoked for 'em! Here's the run-down...

Intro to Psychology: LOVE it! Incredible professor - you don't even realize you're in a lecture cause the class is so neat & it's like he's just telling stories about life. Granted, Psychology is a fascinating subject to most people, but still, he's a really awesome professor. I'm very excited for the class! I'm gonna try to be on time to class, though, since there's about a million people in there & I had to sit on the floor last class. It's going to be hard but good. :)

Organizational Behavior: This'll be an interesting class...but more on the weird interesting side. There's a guy in the class who insists on analyzing the professor's notes for doctrinal errors...no offense if you're interested in "correct theology", but it's really not the place in a business general ed class... anyways... the content, I'm sure, will be easy but worth it. It's sorta neat to have it right after psychology...learning about people in normal life & then learning about people in business. The teacher's a little weird, too...we'll see... Hopefully it'll be an easy A, at least... I'm sure it'll be helpful for something!

Intro to Programming: I'm really excited for this class but it'll definitely be a little challenging! We're basically gonna build something that looks like Amazon.com - like we're going to build the programs that allow you to search for things and click on items & purchase them, etc. I'm excited. I feel like I'm really learning something useful! It'll be hard, though. I'll definitely have to stay caught up!

Production & Operations Management: Let's see...I've had this professor before... I like him as a person, but definitely did not like his Macroeconomics class! He said this class will be really hard as well, which I'm really nervous about. One bonus is that he doesn't do pluses & minuses so even if I get a 90.3, I've got an "A" in the class as opposed to an "A-". :) Silly, but it's .33 on your GPA! :) haha... Anyways, I think the content will be interesting & he's set up the class well. We'll see... (I'm saying that a lot, huh?)

Acts: The professor is so awesome! She has such passion and has lived an awesome life full of adventure! I'm excited about that! :) It seems like a lot of busy work, but it will be good - stuff I've always wanted to study but never had the time to do so! :)

Marketing Technology: I'm just as STOKED for this class now that I've gone as I was when I signed up! It's going to be intense, but awesome. I love it, cause I'll be able to put all my marketing projects in my portfolios...fun times. In this class, we have to bulid a website for a client but not just what the owner of the company wants, but really research (from a marketing perspective) what the customers' needs are and then create the website based on this. I'm really excited about it! I talked to Tina this morning & I'm hoping to do a website geared towards parents for the private Christian school that her kids go to & her husband works at. I've been praying off and on about what I could do... Hopefully this will work out! I'm gonna call them after I get off of work in 20 minutes.

Gospel Choir: Amazing as usual! Some people who couldn't do it last semester are back this semester which is always fun...and some people can't make it this semester which is always sad... Oh well... It's so awesome though! We already started learning our first song & I'm excited about it. We are officially flying to Atlanta,GA for Spring Break! We'll be performing at the Gospel Music Workshop of America. This is like the one we did in Vegas last Spring, except it's the original Workshop that began in the Southeast part of the country instead of the one they're trying to start out here on the West Coast. I'm SO excited!!! Yay for GEORGIA! :)

Ministry Anchors: This is the encouragement ministry I think I told ya'll about last semester. We've officially started meeting! We have about 5 people now...maybe 6. It'll be awesome to see what God has us do through this ministry. I'm a little drained, I must admit. Doing this is kinda crazy on top of everything else...but that's okay. I know that it's really where my heart is and once we get rolling, I'll be able to handle it.

Talbot Job: SO good to be working with Tina again! It's like a breath of fresh air! No, seriously, it is, cause I start work at 7:30 in the morning - I don't think the air is any fresher than that early! LOL. :) heehee... No, it's really awesome. Really laid back - I'm writing this email while I'm "working" if that gives you any idea. :) I'm excited.

Bookstore: I'm gonna work 3 hours on Thursday afternoons every week just to help them out some...

Friends: Still pretty crazy busy right now, so I haven't been able to hang out as much as I'd like. I'm hoping to get all organized by the end of this week and do a better job of hanging out with people.

Recent Fun Stuff: Had an awesome family get-together this past weekend! Uncle Joel & Jennifer, Uncle Bill, cousins Katie, Carrie & Heather, Mom & Dad, Grandma & Grandpa, 2nd Cousin Melody, adorable Brother Joe & Fiancee, Erica and me! There were a whole bunch of us! We had ribs, tamales, fried chicken, beans, chocolate chip cookies, watermelon, ice cream sandwiches...man, we ate A LOT! But it was yummy...and we talked & laughed & played Catch Phrase & listened to Uncle Joel play guitar & had a great time. It was definitely a blessed weekend. :)

Are you tired yet? Haha... :) Really, there's not much more (phew!). I'm just about to get of f work and go do homework! Woop-tee-doo! :) I hope you all are doing lovely. :

Okay...time to go!

Love you more than tamales & hot sauce!
~Vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home