Update
Well, Dad's birthday was July 23rd, so I went down that weekend. I am in the process of finishing his blanket for his bday. It's a ruby red & gray. It was really fun to hang out! Grandma & Grandpa came over Sat. morning for breakfast & then mom, dad & I hung out all Sat & Sun. It was fun.
Work's been pretty busy - a bit of overtime, even... Good, but a bit stressful. I had a couple of "problem professors". They just don't quite understand the process & we both get frustrated. I'll be glad when this job is over. It was a good summer job, but I def. wouldn't do it long-term. Only 15 more days. I'm thankful I have a job though - esp. when my paycheck comes around - lol. :)
I went up to visit Chrystal last weekend - borrowed Emily's car and drove up to the Antelope Valley. It was pretty cool. Fun just to be with her & her family. She has the same value of family that I do - her family's way cool as well. :) I really enjoy being with them - we spent a lot of the afternoon just sitting and listening to different music on their awesome surround-sound speakers. It was way fun. Oh and we went shopping - yay! I love sales - got a couple shirts & pair jeans. Oh, and my jeans were $10 - pretty exciting huh? :) Heehee. OH, Chrystal & I watched the Bourne Identity - have you seen that? I LOVE that movie! It's so cool! :) I wanna see the Bourne Supremacy now...though I've heard it makes you nautious (Sp?).
Jen Sanderson (friend from HS) came up to visit last weekend on Sunday. Emily, Holly, Jen & I all hung out - it was really fun. We just hung out...talked...showed 'em Biola... That's about it, but it was cool. :)
This weekend I moved all my stuff from Hart to Hope (my dorm for the school year). It's basically all arranged. I'm hoping Chrystal doesn't wanna move anything around...maybe in 2 wks (when she comes) I'll be able to handle moving stuff again. haha For now, I'm burnt out.
I also went home to see Grandma & Grandpa & Mom & Dad & Uncle Joel & Uncle Bill & Aunt Bev. It was a very sweet time. First of all, I rode down with this really awesome girl - I love meeting new people - so that was fun. Then it was just awesome to hang out with everyone at home. Uncle Bill & Uncle Joel & Mom all grew up together (you'd think that's a given, but my Uncle Joel's actually my mom's cousin...haha).
It was fun to hear them reminisce (sp?) about when they were kids and all the things they remembered. It was picture perfect. We sat on grandma & grandpa's patio, late Saturday night... Uncle Joel played a few songs on his guitar & we sat talking late into the night...so sweet. :) Like families are supposed to be... :) It was so neat to watch. Mom & Dad bought a video-camera which is pretty cool - we got some of it on tape.
Uncle Bill & Aunt Bev drove me up this morning to Biola & helped me move in the rest of my stuff. It was such a blessing from the Lord that they helped me! I could've NEVER done it by myself - or even with Mom's help. The couch was too darn heavy. It's nice to basically be done... I'm sure I'll work on it more throughout the week, but for now, I'm pooped! :)
It's so fun cause I'm one of three people living on a floor made for 66 people! :) And the other two are RAs, so they're leaving for a week tommorrow. I'll be the only one on the floor! :) I'm excited - I get to ride my bike around the floor & play my music as loud as I want. It's awesome. :) I've got a microwave up here, so I may never come out - I'll be a little hermit. Lol. :) Just kidding. It'll be nice to have some quiet before everyone comes in 2 weeks. :)
Okay...I'm tired...and need to take a shower & go to bed. I'll talk to you all later!
Love you more than being finished moving!
Vanessa
P.S. Please pray for my friend Sarah - she just had her baby, Savannah, and Savannah has jaundice & a type of anemia. It's very hard on her & Tyler (her husband). Thanks!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home