Ponderings of an Inquisitor

7.24.2004

Update

Hello,

Wow...it's been a busy last few weeks! Right now we're smack dab in the middle of "RUSH" at the bookstore. It's pretty intense...tons of people here buying books and such... crazy times. One coolish thing is that I get to work outside & get people their web orders! I get to see all my friends & some new faces as well. I like it. Sometimes, it's sorta boring, but it's okay - I'm basically getting paid to sit & guard credit card numbers. LOL. I'll be done working at the bookstore Sept. 11th. I thought of staying on for the schoolyear, but, while it's still in the back of my mind, I've decided not to. I just don't need to stress myself out that much... even though I REALLY love working here. Maybe I can work here over interterm or something. We'll see. But for now, it's best not to. I worked 11 hours in one day the other day - that was the longest I've ever worked at a job! Craziness. But I actually sorta liked it. I better be careful - I could totally see myself becoming a workaholic! I don't wanna forget what's really important. :)

Not a lot else going on... Chrystal came on Saturday which was fun! A lot easier moving in this year cause the room was all ready to go, she just had to figure out some wiring & move her stuff in. Good times. I reeeally like the set-up of our room! It's sooo homey. :) Cari, Beth, Chrystal & I all hung out...like old times. We watched (or they did - I fell asleep) the olympics. They are seriously obsessed. It's actually kinda funny.

I still love the bike, though I haven't been able to ride it as much as I'd like. I'm gonna use it to go visit a friend after work & maybe I'll get to ride it around as well. I'm keeping it in my room at night, cause it's just way more convenient & I feel safer that way! I went riding in a different direction than I usually go the other day & it was kinda freaky...definitely a different side of town!

Oh, Linds came early & we got to chat a while... I've seen her a few times... went to lunch with her & her parents. That was pretty cool. She has a lot of integrity & she's constantly growing spiritually. It was awesome to hear what God had taught her all summer.

Carol, Grandma & Angie's B-days were all this month! Craziness, huh? I already wished ya'll happy birthday, but Happy Birthday again!! :)

Oh...one more cool thing! I finished reading the whole Bible for the first time in my entire life! It was so cool to do! :) Right now I'm reading through Matthew...but more intense. I really like it. I think I'm gonna read Ecclesiastes next. Speaking of Matthew... I bought The Passion movie. I don't think I'll watch it a ton, but I'll watch it enough to be worth getting. It was so well done - and I've been wanting to see it again for a while now.

Anyways... not much else up. We start school Thursday and I'm just trying to get everything together before then. Hard to believe classes start so soon, but I'm excited about it! :) I have some awesome classes coming up! I'll be taking Intro to Programming, Marketing Technology, Organizational Behavior, Production & Operations Management, Acts, and Intro to Psychology. Fun times. And I'll be involved in Gospel Choir, the TJ ministry and Ministry Anchors (an encouragement ministry). It'll be busy but fun! :)

I'll talk to you all soon!

Love you more than cute rooms,
Vanessa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home