Update
We had VBS Monday through Friday which was just lovely! :) I watched toddlers and babies and they were so adorable! It was fascinating to see the kids who had been taught sign language - they communicated SO much better and were much less frustrated. When they wanted a ball, they signed for a ball. When they were supposed to say "please" or "thank you", they signed it! It was so adorable and SO neat! I totally want to learn sign language now. I think I'm going to! It shouldn't be super hard - haha. :) I'd love to be a linguist - how fun! It was so nice to really get to know a few people at the church as well. It makes it start to feel like a family - the way it's supposed to feel. :) I love it - you can (or at least should be able to) go anywhere and have a home away from home. :) Such neat people!
Today was another adventure day! YAY!!! I LOVE adventuring! :) I borrowed someone's bike and rode all over! Up and down hills, into different, random shops and just everywhere! I think this is going to become my new hobby - I'm gonna start saving up for a new bike and my adorable brother, Joe, said he'd pitch in to help me with it! Of course, not till he gets some money flowing, but after that. :) Yay! Seriously, I'm gonna see if there's like a mountain biking team around or something - wouldn't that be SO much fun?? I'm stoked! I love the feeling of the wind whipping through my hair, the sunshine beaming on my rosy cheeks and my heart racing. Ahh...I love life.
Speaking of loving life, I'm reading this new book on embracing life and how a lot of people just sorta sit around and bumble through instead of LIVING! Even before reading this, my idea has been that I want to live a life worth remembering - one that serves the Lord, one that is full of adventure and excitement and new things and all different kinds of people and places. There are SO many INCREDIBLE things in the world and I want to do as many as I can! I'm not going to wait around till things get "under control" or "settled". I'm going to LIVE! :) I'm bubbling with excitement - can you tell?? :)
Have I told ya'll about my Peace Corps idea? I forget - I'll tell you again...you can just skip it if you've already heard. Haha. :) I'm going to join the Peace Corps after I graduate for several reasons:
1. I'll be able to get my Masters Degree in Business or Information Systems for FREE
2. They'll pay up to a certain percentage (I've heard around 65-70%) of my undergrad loans.
3. I'll be able to TRAVEL! Most likely, I'll be in a Latin American Country because of my Spanish.
4. I'll be gaining International Business skills.
5. I'll be HELPING people ALL over the world!
6. I'll receive $6,000 after my time to "get settled".
7. I'll be ADVENTURING! :)
Oh...I'm so excited!! I think when (if-I pray!!!) I go to Costa Rica, I'll really get a feel for if I like it, but even if I don't, I can handle 3 years of it to get all that done! Yay!
Oh, and listen to how the Lord has been blessing everyone!! JOE GOT A JOB!!! Dad's injection is making him feel relatively better and he's gonna plant a tomato garden - yumm! Grandpa's cancer didn't spread to his liver! Shanda's mom got the job we've all been praying for her to get!! And there's more - but I can't share them with you cause they're too private...but God is SO good...and SO faithful. I'm starting to write down all the times God has been faithful in my life - I don't EVER want to forget his goodness. :)
Okay, I'm gonna go read some more of my book and maybe make dinner. Feel blessed - VERY blessed...I'm sending my love your way. :)
Mom-Thanks for sending me the newsletter on the different things happening over in Europe/Asia. I shot up some prayers for them. Fascinating law! How sad. Thank you for my card as well - you're too cute. :)
Shanda-I'm SO excited about your mom's job!!! YAY!! GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!! Can I say it enough? :) You just keep sending those emails, my dear. Sounds like your heart on the page is just what is touching us all!! :) I'll be down the weekend of the 23rd-25th. Maybe I can hang out with you on Sunday or Friday? Not sure yet - my dad's birthday celebration is that weekend. :) But I'll be sure to at least stop in with Em! :) I'm sure she'd love to see you as well!! No, the girls didn't come up - no worries. We'll all see each other eventually. :) I bet Angie would LOVE to hear from you! :) She's got some great news about her new film class - ask her about it! :)
Love you more than adventure,
~Vanessa
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home