Ponderings of an Inquisitor

4.16.2004

A forever memory

May I never forget that special time of the night that reminds me that I'm still "Daddy's little girl"...

Just before he goes to bed, dad does any last minute dishes and goes to the bathroom one time for safekeeping. Then he plops down into his blue wheelchair and rolls across the tile-layed floor of Joe's old room.

After he opens Joe's door, he rolls partly into the hallway and opens up the living room door and says, "alright, I'm going to bed. Come give me a hug." I'm usually laying on the couch watching TV or reading or I'm at the computer doing who knows what...so I come in the dark hallway and search for his face... I give him a kiss and a hug and tell him "I love you" to which he returns the same, "I love you too".

Then he recaps anything for tommorrow - like, tonight he said, "Maybe tommorrow we can find a worker to help out your mom" "Okay dad" "Okay, see you in the morning"

Then he shuts the living room door with a crack of light streaming into the hallway for his 5 or 6 nighttime excursions to the bathroom...ahhh...this is the life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home